Thursday, February 25, 2010

To gym or not to gym?

I'm heading back to work next month.  I'm looking forward to it.  All the interaction with adults and paperwork to make me feel like a grown-up.  It'll be a nice change of pace, even if I do have to get up at an ungodly hour to have it all. 

Which made me think of my other adult decision - to live a healthier life style, everyday.

At the other end of the street from my new workplace is a gym.  I took a tour today and saw what it had to offer.  But am I gym material?  <--- that is the REAL question.  It sounds nice to say you are a member of a gym and that you're working on "fitness goals" and being the healthiest you can be -- but what if you sign up with good intentions...and then don't go?  It's not like my gym membership card will melt the fat away from inside my wallet (wouldn't that be amazing!) or make me feel better about myself.  It's real money being taken out of my/our account to.........pay the gym's hydro bill?  Make sure my name is registered somewhere?  Get cheap childcare while I grocery shop?

I like the idea of going to the gym.  But will I go consistently?  Probably not.

..............

Ok, so I answered my own damn question.
Goodnight.
*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment