I've always needed a 'buddy'. Someone to come with me to an event or to join a club at school with me. I have a hard time putting myself out there and just doing something by myself - for me. With my parents - who do not lean towards the life I want - and not many friends around, I have to do this on my own as Mr. Penguin is needed to be home with the kids if I'm out. I have no doubt I can run 5k with enough training - it will be only having myself to push me onward when my muscles hurt that will be my biggest obstacle. So I am fighting back against myself.
- I have purchased a treadmill at an AMAZING price (under $100!!) that will be delivered in August. I no longer have the excuse of 'it's raining' or 'too hot' to get outside. I can walk my ass to the basement and get my training in for the day.
- I went to Walmart yesterday and treated myself to some nice - but cheap (as I'm still broke and working on my debt) - work out clothes. I got a tank top that is cut for running and some shorts that aren't stolen from Mr. Penguin's drawer.
- I purchased the above in a cut that flatters, but also fits me. This means that the world can now see where I carry my weight, but not in a way that suggests I stuffed myself into shorts too small for my butt. If I have a problem with that - I can get moving and lose some weight to make them fit better. ;)
- I have purchased an app for my iPod to be my trainer - Couch to 5K. I tested it tonight. And although I was unable to complete the 'week 1 day 1' session, I know I am going to love this app and it will make all the difference in my progress. I recommend it for anyone training.
- I have scheduled in AT LEAST every Sunday for training. I will be adding 2 evenings a week as well - although these will be more flexible based on Mr. Penguin's school schedule and the kid's activities.
Current weight: 225lbs
I am 28 years old - still young and in no way an excuse not to start an exercise program.
I have 2 kids - so what, why should that stop me? It may take more planning some days, but the results will always be worth it.
I am over weight - well, the weight won't get rid of itself, now will it?
I have a busy schedule - the exercise will help my stress levels, show my babies the importance of doing something for yourself and help me sleep better.
No more excuses.