Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Goals.

I have quite a few goals for this year:

  • To make my new job into something I will love and be proud of for years to come.
  • To get healthier than I was raised and have become -- making exercise a daily occurrence for me and the family and good food the norm.
  • To show my darling babies new things.
  • To get out with Mr. Penguin and try at least 2 new things.
  • To make our house into a warm and inviting sanctuary...and actually be able to find the floor in all of its rooms.
  • To keep discovering who I am, what I love and what it means to be me -- which includes taking some sort of class.
  • To continue learning about photography, how to edit photos and utilizing our camera to its full potential so I can continue with our plans for a side business.
  • To be ready for Xmas...in October.
  • To continue with my scrapbooks so that I can preserve our cherished memories for years to come.

........................and the list goes on and on.

For this coming month of March, I'd like to edit some of the photos I've taken.
 

This requires some more studying of Gimp on my part.  I'd like to make this shot into something amazing that I can frame for our office.  It just screams home to me and I want to have it where I can see it -- but looking its best of course.  ;)

And I also want to finish my Mom's Xmas gift in March -- the one for 2009 that I didn't have time to finish in time.  Oops.  I am finishing a half-stitch that she started when pregnant with me.  It was of a boy and girl praying.  She 'ruined' it (her words, not mine) and cut off the boy part she had started.  Funny enough that left the girl part -- and then she had me and kept it for 18 years.  LOL  I had to restart the stitch as I ran out of the original blue wool it came with.  So now I've updated the blue to a emerald teal-ish color and am hoping to frame it and give it to her.  I thought it would be something really meaningful and sentimental.

She probably won't even know where it came from.
Oh well.
It's still a gift!

Have a good hump day!
*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment