Friday, July 30, 2010

101 things I've accomplished to date

I figured since I'm attempting to create 101 new goals and memories, it would be fun to look back on some of the things I've accomplished to date as well.

So here goes...#99!!
101 things I've accomplished to date.

  1. I have sung in a choir. 
  2. I've been tidal bore rafting in the Bay of Fundy. 
  3. I speak two languages (English and French).
  4. I did not have any sons - I only wanted daughters - and I got my 2 girls. 
  5. I learned to drive a standard car and all vehicles I've owned - except the van - have been standard. 
  6. I am good at the work I do - and was hired based on my reputation. 
  7. I have been up in a hot air balloon. 
  8. I planned (with Mr. Penguin) every single detail of our wedding. 
  9. I designed and created our wedding invites from scratch. 
  10. I've lived in England for 2 years. 
  11. I'm a little rusty, but I can french braid someone else's hair. 
  12. I can cook and usually make up recipes as I go. 
  13. I've seen Jann Arden in concert (twice) and almost cried at both shows. 
  14. I've ridden a motorcycle. 
  15. I have silk-screened an art project. 
  16. I've been skinny dipping. 
  17. I can sew a button on by hand. 
  18. I can bake (even though I tend not to follow recipes exactly). 
  19. I am an experienced cake decorator. 
  20. I have been stung by a jelly fish. 
  21. I can cross-stitch. 
  22. I've ridden the largest roller coaster in the South-East part of North America. 
  23. I have successfully lead a cheer leading squad in a routine and created a pyramid (and I didn't drop the top player on her dismount!) 
  24. I was head treasurer of my high school's student council. 
  25. I have created my own clock out of wood. 
  26. I've participated in the 5k walk for MS. 
  27. I've taught both my girls the song of "itsy bitsy spider" complete with hand signs. 
  28. I changed the sink and plumbing in my second home from a pedestal sink to a full cabinet by myself. 
  29. I completed a modeling course (way back when) which included stepping out of my element and working with make-up and public performance. 
  30. I can balance a check book or company financial statements (and actually enjoy doing it). 
  31. I have completed a French trip that involved only speaking my second language at all times. 
  32. I've streaked my hair. 
  33. I have sewn my own beach bag. 
  34. I've experienced a dinner theatre show. 
  35. I have implemented work strategies to improve paperwork, work flow and productivity - and seen results. 
  36. I have successfully grown green peppers. 
  37. I have bottled wine. 
  38. I've been on a ferry. 
  39. I have taken a plane trip on my own. 
  40. I've created artwork that hangs in both my and my parent's homes. 
  41. I have never tried any form of (illegal) drug. 
  42. I've started a blog/journal to help me through my emotions and thoughts and help attain my goals. 
  43. I've seen the ocean at sunset. 
  44. I was the top scoring female in my Lacrosse league (as well as the female with the most penalties). 
  45. I have petted a dear. 
  46. I'm a pretty decent pool player. 
  47. I've been best friends with my BFF for 13 years. 
  48. I was a master double-dutch skipper in elementary school. 
  49. I've seen Beauty & the Beast on stage and loved every single moment of it. 
  50. I've seen a movie in the theatre by myself. 
  51. I saw Bon Jovi in concert. 
  52. I married my Penguin. 
  53. I've created my own cards to give to others. 
  54. I own my own tools. 
  55. I've made my own bread. 
  56. I've canned my own tomatoes. 
  57. I've made my own jams (pineapple blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, cherry). 
  58. I can beat Warpath (against 3 enemies!) in under 15 minutes. 
  59. I have volunteered my time. 
  60. I have performed on stage. 
  61. I've been camping. 
  62. I've waxed my legs.  <---- NEVER to be done again! 
  63. I bought (and then later sold) my dream home. 
  64. I've tried bison meat. 
  65. I've completed "History of Design I" - even though I HATE history. 
  66. I have seen a moose in the wild. 
  67. I moved half way across the country from my parents at the age of 18 to live on my own. 
  68. I have appeared on television. 
  69. I successfully beat Mr. Penguin every time we go bowling. 
  70. I have owned my own cat. 
  71. I've painted each of my houses to suit my tastes. 
  72. I lost 60 pounds - but gained it back (hence why it's back on the 101/1001 list!) 
  73. I've designed company logos, letterhead and websites. 
  74. I've held an owl perched on my arm. 
  75. I have taught friends how to drive a standard car. 
  76. I've been tubing and water skiing (although the water skiing part wasn't very successful). 
  77. I've written my own resume - and even helped others tweak theirs. 
  78. I've interviewed and got all of my jobs on my own. 
  79. I've been to Disney World. 
  80. I've been to Busch Gardens. 
  81. I can do a hand stand. 
  82. I've driven a speed boat. 
  83. I know my 9x table on my fingers.  ;) 
  84. I've survived child birth (twice!) 
  85. I've been to the Toronto Zoo. 
  86. I have a good relationship with my Mom.  We talk almost everyday. 
  87. I have successfully assembled my own IKEA furniture. 
  88. I've accomplished one of my only original life goals of owning my first house before the age of 22 - by 13 days.  (I am now on house #3.) 
  89. I have held a bird in the palm of my hands and made it comfortable as it passed away. 
  90. I've never smoked a single cigarette in my life. 
  91. I have sewn my own curtains. 
  92. I have stood up for myself and what I needed when it was extremely hard - this includes divorcing my ex. 
  93. I have ridden an up-side-down roller coaster. 
  94. I've taken myself out to dinner and dined alone. 
  95. I was the replacement secretary at my high school and was occasionally called out of class to help with the phones. 
  96. I've written poetry that still is as true about me today as the day in junior high that I wrote it. 
  97. I've fired a rifle. 
  98. I've gone fishing - and caught a fish. 
  99. I've been up in a helicopter. 
  100. I only had my first alcoholic drink at the age of 19. 
  101. I've made my own ice cream from scratch.

Whew!  I had to think for a few days on this task.  I tend to think of 'accomplishments' as these grand things...but every little thing counts.  It doesn't have to make the local paper or have people talking about it for months to mean something to me.  Or to who I am.  This exercise helped me see how far I've come.

*hugs*

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I was having a hard time think of some of the things for my 101 in 1001 list because I'd done some big things already, maybe I'll give this a try for myself :)You've done some really impressive things!

    ReplyDelete