Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yummy coolness

The heat here is insane.  Not a good insane either.  We're experiencing 35 degree weather for the past 3 days before humidity (which is currently at 75%) and mugginess like no one's business.  Yesterday it was over 42 degrees when it was all combined.  People are irritable and wanting rain or at least a break in heat.  I'm ready to live in my freezer full-time.

As I was searching for local water pads in my area I came across a brilliant recipe that I will be making tonight.  Behold...Coffee popsicles!  (originally found here)

Coffee Popsicles (only for parents!)

These are best served in oppressive heat when spirits and energy are flagging and you can’t get yourself something cold and caffeinated at your local coffee shop.
You will need:
  • ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
  • ⅓ cup hot espresso or very strong black coffee

Yummy!! 
Maybe I'll make a batch and bring them to work in a cooler for the boys to have tomorrow morning.  We all need our morning caffeine, but the hot stuff isn't so nice now that our a/c at the shop isn't working properly.  Maybe it'll lift some spirits.

*hugs*

1 comment:

  1. That sounds sooooo good! I may have to try them too! Let us know how they go over!

    ReplyDelete