Monday, September 20, 2010

Who am I? Part I

You'd think after 'living' with myself for 28 years I'd have no problem answering that question.  But I do.  As a child who moved around a lot, I never got attached to the things around me - as they would inevitably change.  I was always the new girl, which made me shy and I was very conscious of that fact.  It prevented me from trying new things.  It prevented me from having a solid friend base - people who have known me my entire life.  It made me concentrate on not getting attached.  My constant was change.



This past year has been hard, wonderful and the beginning of something great.  With the start of the 101/1001 list and also this blog, I have attempted to push myself to find what I like, what I love and most importantly, what I want.



A lot of people I grew up with knew what they wanted to be from a young age.  They pursued the education for it and are now working in a field that they've always been interested in.  Me?  I had/have no clue.  I eventually starting saying I wanted to be a teacher, just so that I had an answer and didn't sound like a complete idiot.  But I liked the planning aspect of teaching...not the being around students all day aspect.  Not really a good match.

Thoughts to be continued...
*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment