Thursday, February 17, 2011

Best Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER.

Ever, ever.  Really.

I have a terrible time following recipes.  Which means I could never master pastries or French cooking...BUT! I make amazing meals from scratch and can even tweak a dessert recipe to make it into something fantastic - in my own humble opinion.  ::cough::

So, I present to you my most recent creation - the BEST chocolate chocolate cookies EVER.

Preheat oven to 375F

1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup brown sugar

 In a Kitchenaid mixer, mix together the above ingredients until blended.  Add:

1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp orange juice
1/2 cup butter - cubed

Cream together for 3 minutes, scraping the bowl at 1 minute intervals.  Then add:

1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (I use Half Salt)
chocolate chips to your taste - I use 1/2 a bag or approx. 1 cup

Mix thoroughly for 3 minutes, scraping the bowl at 1 minute intervals. 
Using a teaspoon, spoon batter onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes (although my oven seems strong, so I bake them for 9 minutes).

ENJOY with a large glass of milk.

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment