Friday, March 19, 2010

The Shape of Life.

If you had to pinpoint them, what moments would you say have shaped your life?

Not the usual first day of school or graduation or wedding moments, I'm talking about the little things.  Friendships, conversations, random moments that forever affected the way you viewed and interacted with the world.

In the last few years of self reflection I've noticed something.  There have been moments in my life that I, for whatever reason, ignored my gut feeling.  I either pushed it aside, or didn't acknowledge it, or maybe didn't even know it was there.  Those moments...they were big.  Maybe not at the time, but looking back those moments defined what shape my life would take.

I don't tend to 'regret' things I've done.  I may sometimes think I'd change how I reacted or what path I chose then, but everything has brought me to where I am and made me into the woman I am today.  My Monkey is one of those.  I went through many years and many things to get my beautiful daughter.  Anything that gave me her, I would do again in a heart beat.

What are your moments?  Take a few minutes to ponder the things that have made you -- YOU.

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment