Friday, November 26, 2010

December

I purchased Mr. Penguin's 30th birthday gift.  He is one lucky man - well obviously as he has moi, but now he's REALLY lucky.  I cannot wait.

It's also my Mom's birthday, my best friend's birthday, Xmas and the holidays.  Decembers are always crazy, but I love them!  I love the family moments and searching for personal gifts for everyone.  I love that people think about one another during this time of year too. 

We have a tradition in the Penguin household of taking the girls food shopping for donations to the Food Bank.  They get to help out and pick some of the food and also learn about charity and helping those in need.  As Monkey is 5 this year, I am also choosing a child's name off of the Xmas tree at the mall who is in need of clothing.  It will be a good thing for her to understand and also pick out some cute clothes for someone else.

Happy Holidays folks!  Remember to hug someone close, call someone you haven't heard from in a while and donate - whether food, clothes, time, money or whatever.  'Tis the season for love!!

*hugs*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment