Friday, June 25, 2010

#93

On my 101 in 1001 list, I had some hard things to accomplish, some easy things and some things that would challenge what I've been doing with my life recently - which isn't a whole hell of a lot.

Which brings us to #93 - Avoid Facebook for a week

Last night I deactivated my Facebook account.  Don't worry, I can log back in after a week and everything will be the same.  ;)  It was/is weird.  I don't live close to many of my friends, so Facebook is my way to catch up, chat and see pictures of everyone elses's babies I'm missing grow older.  I'm doing pretty good, mainly due to the fact that I removed all temptation (but it's been less than 24 hours so check back in 3 days).  By deactivating the account I no longer get the emails.  I removed the shortcut on my browser and hid the one on my BlackBerry (I told you I was an addict!!).

This way, I'm hoping to have more to show for my time.  I will be working on my blog, starting my other challenges and hopefully finishing the painting in the Monkey's room.  Yay me!!

I may even have to make this a monthly occurrence.  3 weeks on, 1 week off -- that would be cool.  Make me do something with my time.  I may even get to scrapbook!  Woah.

*hugs*

4 comments:

  1. The new look is fantastic!! Good luck on staying away for a week! I tried to give it up for Lent (well, giving it up while at work) and I made it just over a week. I'm weak :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! This is on my list too. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 25, 2010

    I admire your determination to do this! I'm not sure I could. Like you, I have quick access to it anywhere via my iPhone and I always am on it when I'm waiting somewhere. But, you're probably right...I would probably get so much OTHER stuff done if I was away from it for a week or so! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for the encouragement! Only once today did I want to log in...but I think that was more due to habit than anything.

    6 more days!

    ReplyDelete