Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What's your theme song?

Do you have a theme song?  A tune that follows you through life?  One that picks you up when you're blue or one you've been humming in the shower for years?  The hubby and I were discussing this today -- we're odd, you'll just have to get over it.

I have created songs for both my girls that I sing to them.  The eldest has the 'Itsy, Bitsy Spider' with hand signs.  It calms her down no matter what -- she zones right out.  I've been singing it since she was a little infant.  As for the baby, I've personalized the tune of 'Yankee Doodle' with a variation of her name.  :D  She loves it and smiles and bounces whenever I sing it to her.

Now Mr. Penguin thinks I'm cute for all my singing.  Whatever.  :P  I told him that *I* have a theme song that follows me through life, why not the girls?  He wanted to know what it was, but I think I'll let him guess a few years longer...LOL  He said he doesn't have one.  Do you?

For as long as I can remember (going on 10+ years now?) whenever I step into the shower in the morning, I start belting out my theme song in my head.  If I'm home alone I'll play it on the iPod at full blast and sing along.  I don't know why -- it does make me smile though.

I suggest a theme song for everyone.  It doesn't have to be popular or even have words to it.  Just something that speaks to who you are or maybe makes you feel happy/loved/special/whatever.

Happy singing!
*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment