Sunday, February 14, 2010

What...pools aren't romantic?!

Well, the penguin family went to the public pool today for a swim in the waves.  That's romance right there, I tell ya.  ;) Spending over an hour at home getting ready (finding bathing suits, packing all gear for an infant and a pre-schooler and then loading it all into the van), another 20 mins prepping to get into the pool and then -- after only an hour of swimming -- spending another 40 mins trying to shower, dress and leave. I need a vacation! Wait, I just had one, didn't I? :( There should be government funding to send Moms away on paid, all-inclusive vacations...or better yet, just build a government funded vacation spot that all Moms get sent to after month 6 so they don't lose their minds! Now we're talking!! I should research who to bring this to...I'm sure the Canadian government would be ALL over this! Oh one can dream.

You know, even after all that, today was fun. The girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves too. It was the baby penguin's first time in a pool. She did quite well! No crying, no fussing. She loved the warmer pool and liked lying on her back while I swooshed her around. And the pre-schooler monkey loved hopping waves with both me and Mr. Penguin. She didn't want to get out. It made the whole ordeal to get there totally worth it.

Now 'love day' isn't over. After I'm done emptying my thoughts out here I'm finishing the dishes (oh baby) and baking some cheesy beer bread -- sooooo good -- then I'm making a chocolate fondue for myself and the hubby to enjoy with our first bottle of wine since the birth of baby penguin! I'm not a drinker, but I miss those candlelight dinners with a nice glass of wine...just makes the evening extra special.

And as per usual I should get my card before bed...Mr. Penguin has always saved my cards to be the last thing of the day. Don't tell him, but I actually like it that way. Such a wonderful way to end the day...

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment