Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Urge to purge

Since my last post, I've been working my little tushie off.  I haven't been pressuring myself to do it, I've just had this urge to purge.  Spring cleaning?  Sort of...but more than that too.

I've been picturing the day that we, as a family, can pack up and go home - as in where we want to live.  And it's not here.  Where we currently live serves it's purpose and it's decent in terms of location and weather, but the people are some of the rudest I have ever met and the atmosphere is not what I want my babies growing up in.  They deserve better.  They deserve neighbours who know one another and friends who visit, water to swim in and a small town atmosphere.  They need to know that they are safe and have a real place to call home, one that their parents are happy in.

Along with this wonderful vision has come this feeling - this urge to purge.  Essentially, I am down-sizing.  Making room in our home for just the essentials and those memories we most cherish.  I'm making life simple and wonderful.  I'm preparing to leave one day.  I am donating, giving away, selling or throwing out anything that I would not want to pack and bring with us to our wonderful home.  I don't know when we'll be able to go - it could be many more years at best - but it is very freeing taking these steps to help us get there.

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment